Sunday, March 21, 2010

Don't whine. Just write!

A lot of us complain that we don’t have time to write. However, we’re baffled when we learn a fellow writer published a story, started writing a book, or wrote three stories last month. “How do you do it?” We ask. Does this sound familiar? Yep! I’ve been on both sides of this situation. I hate to admit it, but I used to procrastinate and neglect my writing when life threw me a curve ball. Before, I used to sulk and blame everyone but myself. But I learned that complaining didn’t solve anything. This negative attitude only brought me down and blurred my creativity. Writers are like plants. We need to get rid of the weed around us in order to bloom. That’s what I’ve done. I’ve rearranged my schedule in a way that I can incorporate my writing as part of my daily life. A professor once told me that all we need is ten minutes of writing every day to turn it into a habit. Write about anything, just write! And here I am writing a blog. Blogging is a little investment and the profit shall be a book. Fellow writers, I am not saying that what works for me it’ll work for you. I’m just reminding you that if you’re serious about this craft then make it a part of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment