Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Making Time for Writing without the Guilt
So here are some tips that work for me (without the added guilt):
• Forget about schedules. Not everyone can adhere to them. Go with the flow, especially if you’re the free-spirited type.
• Carry a small notebook with you. You might get inspired while riding the metro, the bus, or just strolling down the street. Jot down ideas as they flutter in your mind.
• Make some time for quiet time. It could be sitting on a park bench, indulging in a bubble bath, going to the library, and / or even at your place of worship.
• Join a writers’ group. Writers feed from each other’s energy.
• Register for a writing workshop. It’ll get your writing juices flowing.
Writing should be fun, not stressful. So go out there and enjoy your summer….your writing will soon follow.