Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Don't be afraid...it's only a blog

I was inspired to write this post because a friend told me he wants to follow me but he couldn't figure out how. Computers can be daunting gadgets and it seems that sometimes they have a mind of their own (see the Ziggy comic strip I chose, courtesy of Tom Wilson and Tom II). When we think we've finally figured out how to write and send an e-mail, they come up with something else, yes, like blogging. We can't keep up with technology. That's why we have friends, and in this case, bloggers to help you out. For those of you new to blogging, I'll walk you through the steps to following me (not literally but following my blog). Let's get started! 1) With your mouse, scroll down to half the page. On the right-hand side you'll see the literary events, my word and quote of the day, continue scrolling down until you see announcements. Below, you'll see a button that says FOLLOW. 2) Click on it. It'll give you a choice of accounts you may already have such as Google, Twitter, Yahoo, etc. 3) Click on the icon of the account you already have to sign in. Once it asks you to sign in with your account, then you're set to go. You can post comments, take my poll, and you can follow me. Give it a try! It's easy and fun. Don't let this old blog intimidate you, as that's what it is, old because tomorrow will bring you SUPER BLOG and you won't know what to do with yourself. Blog away!

1 comment:

  1. Are you choosing your "Quote of the day" or it's radomly chosen by a software?

    I really like this one, because it's so true:

    "You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend." Paul Sweeney

    The first time I finished reading Frank Herbert's Dune, I was almost depressed. I was not knowing about the sequels.

    BTW, I really didn't know Ziggy... It looks like my knowledge of american culture needs some refinement.

    ReplyDelete